10 Free SEO Tools to Improve Your Website Ranking
Search engine optimization or SEO is one of the most utilized of the many different types of digital marketing initiatives. Defined as the practice of increasing organic website traffic, SEO is also the least expensive content marketing option there is.
SEO is a long and exhaustive process, however. Its application requires patience and dedication, as well as an array of tools helpful for the research of keywords, and the gathering and processing of data, among other things.
Check out some of the best of them in our list below:
#1- Google Search Console
Google Search Console is a free web service by Google that gives webmasters the ability to monitor and maintain their sites’ performance and indexing status. It also determines the following:
- Queries used that lead end users to their website
- The comparative performance of the many different queries that lead end users to their website
- Sites that link to their website
- The compatibility of their website to mobile devices
#2 – Google Keyword Planner
Another free tool from the search giant, Google Keyword Planner assists in keyword research for any and every niche in the market. The tool also does the following:
- Find information for new and existing keywords
- Provide invaluable historical statistical and traffic forecast data
- Provides estimations in clicks and conversions, even serving as a guide in maneuvering the tricky maze of bids and budgets for campaigns
#3 – Google Analytics
Google Analytics is every webmaster’s one-stop-shop for every performance they need. It provides insight into a website’s key performances online, which are helpful for marketers looking for vital indicators that will be useful in improving a website’s overall ranking.
It comes with a conveniently customizable dashboard that could display up-to-date and real-time statistics. Some of the data made available in this free web service include the following:
- Number of active users
- Type of users (New vs Returning)
- Demographics (Age and Gender)
- Geographical Location
- User Behavior
- Technology utilized
- Users Flow
- Network Referrals
- Traffic Sources
#4 – Moz Keyword Explorer
Designed by Moz, the Moz Keyword Explorer or KWE is arguably the leading authority in all things SEO related.
Information could be easily obtained by feeding any of the following onto the search bar: keyword, root domain, subdomain, and exact page. The tool allows SEO enthusiasts to “leverage the largest, most accurate search keyword database to discover and prioritize the best keywords” for their websites.
Like many other SEO tools, the KWE also has features that could only be unlocked by availing the paid subscription, though the features that do come with the free account are already pretty useful by themselves.
According to moz.com, the top five unique features of the Moz Keyword Explorer are:
- KWE takes you all the way through the keyword research process.
- Metrics essential to the SEO process.
- KWE’s volume score is the first volume estimation metric that goes beyond what AdWords reports.
- Keyword suggestions inside KWE come from almost all the sources Moz saw SEOs access manually in their research processes.
- Import and export functionality are strongly supported.
#5 – Buzzsumo
Buzzsumo, on the other hand, is a tool that focuses on content. Any digital marketer worth their salt would know that content is the bread-and-butter of SEO.
Paid traffic can only take you so far, and at the end of the day, it’s riveting and attention-catching content that wins the game.
Buzzsumo identifies which type of content would work well with a specific niche, by providing collated information about the top existing players and contributors in a particular topic and field of interest.
#6 – Spyfu
Spyfu, originally known as Googspy, is a keyword and search analytics tool. Much like Google’s Keyword Planner and Moz’ Keyword Explorer, Spyfu allows valuable insight to a number of metrics in relation to keywords, search volume, click-through-rate, cost-per-click and ranking difficulty among many others.
Its most attractive feature is its ability to not just provide a business keyword data of its own campaign, but of its competitors as well.
#7 – Ubersuggest
Recently acquired by digital marketing and SEO expert Neil Patel, Ubersuggest is yet another precious keyword research tool that promises to show every bit of available information for free.
According to neilpatel.com, the website in which Ubersuggest has been relaunched as a part of, these are the three advantages to using Ubersuggest:
- Keyword Suggestions. Volume, competition, seasonal trends and even negative keyword and filtering have been made available completely for free.
- Keyword Difficulty. Shows how hard/expensive certain keywords would be, with emphasis on competitiveness of keywords and phrases.
- Competitive Intelligence. Displays data determining who ranks for what keywords.
#8 – Siteliner
Siteliner is a software that diagnoses a website, and looks for issues and errors that might contribute to its online performance in terms of search engine ranking. It pinpoints duplicate content, broken links, page power, and generates a detailed report about the site.
#9 – Screaming Frog
The Screaming Frog is an “SEO spider tool” that crawls websites, collecting and analyzing data. Indispensable for beginners and experts alike, it ultimately filters out SEO issues that they might be rectified and improved.
#10 – Semrush
Semrush provides a suite of tools for keyword research and competitor analysis. It gives users access to various metrics with emphasis on SEO, PPC, and traffic forecasts. Unlike Google Analytics though, Semrush is focused not just on tracking the progress of a webmaster’s own site, but more on overcoming its competitors.
Of course, there are more tools out there that might prove useful when it comes to Search Engine Optimization. The key would be to look for the following traits: proven track record, UI that is easily usable and navigable, and accurate metrics and measurement tools.
The sheer number of things that require constant meticulous surveillance might seem daunting at first, but remember- knowledge is power. An age-old adage that certainly holds true even in the world of digital marketing.10 Free SEO Tools to Improve Your Website Ranking by admin